8

Our Way Trip Back Home

Last December 17, 2012 we went to Mabitac, Laguna to visit our 92 years old grandmother. She is old and can't even remember who am I. She referred to me as "Anak ni Elma na nurse". She's starting to have decubitus ulcer due to pressure in her right pelvic region. Shortening of muscles in her legs is already noticeable because of lack of walking and exercise. I can't believe that she's the woman who took care of us when we're still in our diapers. I forgot to take pictures of her though even if I have my camera with me.

Enough about that chit chat. On our way home, I took some pictures of the places that the van passed through. Our trip home starts from a terminal in Famy, Laguna. The picture taking of the places ended at Antipolo before my camera's battery went dead. So here's the scenery guys. Enjoy!


I think this is Jose Rizal... But I'm not sure


...


Locals travel mostly through tricycles or motorcycles



My companions: (L-R) Ate Tess, MyMom, Ate Jane, Mhie, Dhie


A unappetizing burger! YUCK!


See the people on top of the jeepney. The locals said that those are Mangyans. They prefer to sit on top of the vehicle instead inside of it. Even the toddlers are sitting with them meeting the intensifying heat of the sun. Them come down from the mountain to get alms. :/


The store where I bought the burger


...


...


...


...


...


7-Eleven... I love their hotdogs. Don't you?


78 Km away from Rizal Park in Manila


Breath taking? or not?


Isn't this view nice?


Sky meeting the mountain


I would like to experience planting in this kind of area someday


...


...


More heat Mr. Sun


The swerving road


Mabitac Laguna afar 


I love trees and the blue sky


Kinda blurred


A long instant clothes hanger


My favorite skull ring and Tatay's old watch


...


Trees are just still everywhere in this part of the mountain


A plantation of a particular plant I think. :)


Fast van, picking up the speed


And the van is getting faster


Banana...


I remember the movie "I know What You Did Last Summer" in this picture


The Laguna Lake (I wasn't able to take the full view due to fast driving)




Electric post seems to be taller than the trees


Scourging sun


Eroding side of a mountain


Tricycle seems to be everywhere in a provincial areas like Rizal and Laguna


Isn't the sun gorgeous?




The Municipal Hall of Pililla Rizal


Last picture: A tricycle in Antipolo City

Sorry if there's a lot of pictures. I hope that you enjoy looking at them though.

Until next trip people.



8 comments:

  1. I also love taking shots while I'm travelling and it's so hard to take good shots while inside a fast moving vehicle. You can try checking your camera settings, some cameras have features for taking moving objects or while inside moving vehicle. You've got great shots, just take extra attention to the horizon next time, your landscape shots would be better if you keep the horizon straight. I, too, struggle in that aspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips. I would surely put those in mind next time.

      Delete
  2. It must have been refreshing to visit your hometown with the air much fresher and the warm greetings from people and of course your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While scrolling down the photos, I thought I would see your 92 yo grandma. I guess she is very luck to reach that age huh. My lola was around 85 when she passed away. Oh I missed her na! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I supposed I should have included her photo here but unfortunately I forgot to take it. :P

      She is lucky but I think she's luckier now that she's with our Heavenly Father. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice photos you have dear. And yes, I think that's Jose Rizal :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me do my happy dance (I know you don't see me but I'm doing it!) I'm always excited to read your comments, that makes my heart swell.

I will get rid of comments that I think disturbing, inappropriate or spammy like in any way. All comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

BTW, Please don't forget to leave the name and URL of your blog. Will be happy to visit them sometimes.

Thanks again you lovely people! Have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...